***UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2017***
Message to Parents/Carers
I have been informed today by The Other Uniform Store that they have struggled to meet the demands for school uniform. I have asked that they ensure that all orders are met in time for the start of term and I have been reassured. The issue seems to be around their home delivery service so I understand you may be asked to go to the shop to pick it up.
I have discussed capacity issues with the owner of the shop and together we have decided that for the future, two suppliers will be used. Please note, the school has been committed since being asked by students, particularly the girls. to change the uniform to ensuring no hardship occurs for those families who still have wear in the original uniform. Students may still wear that as we pointed out, this is a transition year.
I am writing to inform you that after considerable 'lobbying' from the girls at school, we have decided to take on board their suggestions and change the school uniform. Please note that we are happy to allow a phased change, so if you have purchased the black and white kilt, girls will be allowed to continue to wear them until they no longer fit.
- The blazer remains the same but the school badge no longer has 'Quality Education for All' embroidered beneath it – pupils may still wear the current blazer until it no longer fits, when we would ask you to purchase the new version.
- Boys' shirts remain the same but we have introduced a clip on tie in the same tartan material 'Oakleigh' as the girls' new pinafores/skirts.
- The girls have all been consulted on the colour choice for the new pinafores/kilts and we have decided that girls in Y7-11 will now wear either a pinafore or kilt in the 'Oakleigh' tartan. Please note, as stated above, they may continue to wear the black and white kilts until they no longer fit.
- The girls will not be required to wear a tie but they must have 'revere' blouses (see attached photographs). These can be purchased in major supermarkets or from our suppliers.
- Boys will continue to wear black trousers (see attached photograph)
- The school PE kit will remain the same. (Must include the new logo)
- The school 6th Form uniform remains the same.
We have decided to allow the pupils to purchase their own black bags for school. The price of the Bebington High Sports College bag was £25.50, so I hope you can make a saving on this, providing pupils do not pressurise you into buying expensive designer bags! I would not recommend this as bags do get lost or damaged.
We have also decided not to ask you to buy the PE bags with the school logo. These were £8.50 each, and without the logo they are £3. Hopefully another saving!
The uniform supplier has been chosen as it is considerably less expensive than the previous suppliers. Costings are attached.
The new supplier, Mr Dan Griffiths of 'The 'Other' Uniform Store' has a shop at Unit 9, Brimstage Hall Courtyard, Brimstage Road, Wirral, CH63 6JA Tel: 0151 348 4041and we have also asked him to come into school for 2-3 days in the summer to sell uniform from our school premises, in an attempt to make things not just cheaper for you but more convenient.
I have seen a sample of the new uniform and it looks very smart and businesslike and I know our young people, particularly the girls will be delighted.
Many thanks for your continued support. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
- Oakleigh Tartan Pinafore Dress Age 11-13 Regular £25.45 each (no VAT)
- Oakleigh Tartan Pinafore Dress Age 11-13 Tall £26.60 each (no VAT)
- Oakleigh Tartan Pinafore Dress Age 14-17 Regular £30.50 each (inc VAT)
- Oakleigh Tartan Pinafore Dress Age 14-17 Tall £31.90 each (inc VAT)
- Black Pinafore Dress to suit Age 15-19 (6th Form) Regular £17.70 each (inc VAT)
- Black Pinafore Dress to suit Age 15-19 Tall (6th Form) Regular £18.00 each (inc VAT)
- Senior Blouse Revere Collar with School Logo (Colour Print on Collar) 22" – 36" £11.40 per twin pack
- Senior Blouse Revere Collar with School Logo (Colour Print on Collar) 38" – 48" £16.30 per twin pack
- Clip On Tie 52" Oakleigh Tartan £4.60 each (inc VAT)